Tim Wahlberg was raised and has spent his rewarding domestic and international career based in Western Oregon where he and his wife have also raised their two children. Tim received his introduction to aviation in 1963 when he joined the U.S. Army as a UH-1B Huey Helicopter technician.
He spent one of his three years of active duty in Vietnam as a crew chief on a Helicopter gun ship. After leaving the US Army, he received an Associate of Science Degree from Lane Community College and Airframe and Powerplant license from the FAA. In 1969, he joined Evergreen Helicopters and gained valuable experience over the next three years while assigned to the North Slope of Alaska and Canada as a helicopter mechanic.
After returning from Alaska, he was responsible for setting up Evergreen’s worldwide helicopter operations. As Evergreen expanded into worldwide helicopter and airline passenger and cargo services, aircraft and parts sales, ground handling, depot level maintenance and UAV operations, Tim’s leadership opportunities also grew. Tim served as the President of each of Evergreen’s six companies. In 2002, Tim became Chairman of the Evergreen International Aviation holding company and continued to lead the conglomerate of Evergreen companies until early 2013.
That same year, Tim started Wahlberg Aviation Services, LLC and now offers his clients over 50 years of aviation experience with a wide range of aviation services including: helicopter and aircraft material acquisition and sales, leasing, acquisition, finance and insurance, flight simulator training for pilots and irregular load analysis, helicopter valuation of new and used western manufactured helicopters, and marketing and sales for aviation services. While his capabilities are broad, his focus is clear and adaptable to each of his customer’s interests.
Membership, Board Member and Civic Service
- Conquistadores del Cielo, Past Board Member, Member – Current
- Veterans Air Warriors, Board Member – Current
- Nordic Northwest, Board Member – Current
- Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, Past Chairman, Emeritus Board Member – Current
- Evergreen International Aviation, Past Chairman, Board Member
- Helicopter Association International, Past Chairman and Board Member
- Helicopter Executive Association, Past Board Member
- Indiana-Asean Council, Founding Member and Past Board Member
- International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading, Past Board Member
- National Defense Transportation Association, Vice President and Past Board Member
- Airline Transport Association, Past Board Member
- International Federation of Helicopter Association, Chairman and Past Board Member
- International Peace Operations Association, Past Board Member
- National Air Carrier Association, Vice President and Past Board Member
- Lane Community College, Aviation Advisory Committee Past Chairman
- Valley Community Bank, Past Board Member
- Special Olympics, Past Sponsor
- McMinnville Chamber of Commerce, Past Member
- McMinnville Athletic and Swim Club, Past Member